Skip to main content

The Year that was

By Now I think everyone had enough of the New Year, New Me post don't worry I will try my hardest not to do that here. Instead I would like to recap a little on the year that was. 
2016, whew, insert hand swiping my forehead here. Let's see, how many time did you sing Closer by Chainsmokers? What was your favorite movie? I like Civil War but Suicide Squad gave me a fun memory. What was your biggest project completed?

First and foremost my theme song for 2016 is "Thank you for the broken heart" by J. Rice. If you're reading my previous posts, well, thank you, but it doesn't take a genius to know that I had a heartbreak but I have to thank it because it opened a lot of doors for me. It wasn't a bitter break-up but just as others, it was sad. It happened at the start of the year which I think was good because it gave me a chance to revisit my goal for the year and what I really wanted. 

So drum roll please...

On door no. 1, I had a chance to reconnect with families and friends with highlight on the family side. So all those reunions and birthday that I secretly dread actually became an opening for realizing that I have fun and loving cousins. I realized that we are more matured with concrete goals in life. Family reunion isn't just every Christmas but everytime our schedules would meet. The food isn't just the usual Spaghetti but the alcohol content on our drink are being checked too.  
Part of reconnecting with cousins is also realizing that well, I was more of an older sister now, having to treat them once in a while. Like I said, I love their company so I really don't mind. I realize that it's happier to see their happy faces than worrying if I'll enjoy it because in the end, I actually enjoyed it. 
I had some foodventures with friends which I longed planned to do.  
Rib City Menu


On door no 2, I told myself I will be a btter version of myself starting with my weight. I was so proud of myself to be losing 10 kilos in eight months. I know those of you who are gym buffs and health concious this is a small number but for someone who hates walking and loves cake this is a big sacfrice. Losing weight and trimming a few inches on my waistline means I have to cut down food intake started doing calorie counting. I started with 1500 kcal a day for a month, trimmed it down to 1400kcal then to 1300kcal until I mantained a healthy 1000kcal a day. I targeted a 20 minutes workout everyday which sometimes results to an hour or two depending on what I am watching. For eight months I mantained the minimum of 20 minutes workout. And I am happy that it wasn't just me seeing the result. 


Big Ben and the peeking London Eye
Bob Marley's wax
The last door but my biggest and most important project for the year was to visit my sister in England. I'm very pleased to anounce that I am writing this entry on her laptop, in her house, sitting on her dinning chair. Waaaaaaaa!!! okay, okay, let me try to calm my fingers before it typed away. Initially I will be visitng for two months, I will just finish my suster's partner's birthday party and my sister's birthday then I will flying back home. But, it turns out, I love being with my sister. It's not a surprise actually, we're very close, you see, but she is my best friend, the only person who knows me in and out, the only person I can cry to. So I took a leap of faith, I resigned from my job to stay here for another two months. Which is worth it, every penny saved, every weight gained and even the ache on my feet when walking around tour sites. 
Castle Acre and The Priory
Skit in Stratford-upon-Avon where Shakepeare was born




The trip to England ticked off a lot of things on my list. Castles,Castles and Castles. I'm fascinated with the rich history of England so I enjoyed touring the Castle ruins like Castle Acre and Castle Rising. I went to see the Royals in Sandringham on Christmas Day and got interviewed by BBC, again, inserting my silent scream here. I went to see Shakespeare's place and visited the Harry Potter studios. I got teary eyed when I saw Big Ben and the London Eye because these are the pictures you see on Instagram usually and it feels surreal seeing them in person. To be standing just a few inches from them gives you that feeling of happiness and gratitude and makes you want to scream. OH MY GOD I AM HERE! There's a history lecture that I enjoyed during our Cambridge punting. I did a lot selfies with the wax figures. And let's not forget the parties I've been to, my sis and I counted this last night, 20 parties in the four months I am here. Imagine 20!  
I surely love the gorgeous autumn color, I took a lot of pictures of that. The frost on the ground and plants during winter that of course I took a photo of in my jammies with hat or jumpers on, because I was too excited to put it on.  
I danced, I sang, I hosted a party program. Oh those four months, I gained lots of friends, learned a lot from the poeple here, some of which became an inspiration. 
But four months isn't enough and there are plenty fo reasons to come back. 


from one of the parties I'been to
so, yes, 2016, you were awesome to me. You gave me a renewed reason to set goals a new perspective in life and a new found self. 
I am leaving UK soon and that's where I am personally ending my year and once I land back home I need to start planning how awesome 2017 will be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering what sparks joy

Hi, if there's really anyone reading this blog. I kept this blog open more of a open diary and realized that writing is form of therapy for me. For all those bottled up feeling that I couldn't express. The last blog post I did was 2019 that I started a vlog in YouTube, sadly that vlog is no longer existing. I could make up excuses as to why but its really one complicated reason, which could be for another blog post. I was going to write that its been a year since I last posted but and then realized that its 2022 now, well it could be a year if we don't really count 2020.  Since moving to the States five years ago (2020 counted here), I was busy trying to make my family and I's life better, financially more or less, ok more so I was really busy with work and making more money. Unconsciously trying to fulfill the wants that I couldn't afford. In the process, I forgot what would make me happy. At the rise of tiktok I have discovered posts that intrigued my curiosity. I

I'll see you soon Tony Stark

I just can't wait for the movie and have been watching the trailer several times already, well I'm sure have seen it in youtube because most of the trailer there have 2 million views already, but just in case, here's the link ( click here ) to one of the Iron Man trailer. The link is the second trailer released and as promised the sequel have more action packed scene and a more high tech suit and of course we will be seeing War Machine. Here are the showing dates around around the world Country Date Belgium 28 April 2010 Egypt 28 April 2010 France 28 April 2010 Sweden 28 April 2010 Switzerland 28 April 2010 (French speaking region) Argentina 29 April 2010 Australia 29 April 2010 Bosnia and Herzegovina 29 April 2010 Czech Republic 29 April 2010 Denmar

A Taylor Swift Closeted Fan Experience

Im sure by now, everyone know who Taylor Swift is, if not, "Where ins the World are you?" . Im rewinding 10-12 years ago when majority of the people only knows about Taylor Swift because she writes song about her exes, I was a Closet Taylor Swift fan then. Like any other Swifties (what you call Taylor Swift's fans) I think, her lyrics are relatable and she has perfected a formula for a catchy tune to her songs that makes it linger in your head. So, when she anounced about her Eras Concert tour I am one of the million people queued to actually see her in person. I queued for the Levi's Stadium concert in Satana Clara CA and then the one in London for June 2024 and then in Toronto for November 2024 but just like millions of her fans I was not fortunate enough to score tickets to her concert. Much to her Swifties delight that Taylor Swift decided to show her concert to cinemas. Well, of course I am going to watch it. My friend and I watched the concert as also a way to