Skip to main content

A Taylor Swift Closeted Fan Experience

Im sure by now, everyone know who Taylor Swift is, if not, "Where ins the World are you?" . Im rewinding 10-12 years ago when majority of the people only knows about Taylor Swift because she writes song about her exes, I was a Closet Taylor Swift fan then. Like any other Swifties (what you call Taylor Swift's fans) I think, her lyrics are relatable and she has perfected a formula for a catchy tune to her songs that makes it linger in your head. So, when she anounced about her Eras Concert tour I am one of the million people queued to actually see her in person. I queued for the Levi's Stadium concert in Satana Clara CA and then the one in London for June 2024 and then in Toronto for November 2024 but just like millions of her fans I was not fortunate enough to score tickets to her concert. Much to her Swifties delight that Taylor Swift decided to show her concert to cinemas. Well, of course I am going to watch it. My friend and I watched the concert as also a way to catch up and in this blog entry I'd like to share our honest opinion about the concert. I promise it's an honest opinion despite me being a Swifty, my friend isn't I just dragged her with me to watch.
First, the setlist. It tells you the story of the concert, of Taylor Swift's music which totally makes sense because that was the actual goal of the Eras tour. Im a little bit disappointed about other familiar songs that didn't make the cut like "Wildest Dreams" which is one of my fave. Although towards the middle during the Evermore Era, it melllows down and it make you yawn a little. Also, it kind of reminds me of Twilight movie. It's foggy, feels like a fairy tale, with vampires and werewolves. Second, the stage. Kudos to the stage designer and to the team that conceptualize the design. Again, its a storytelling in a different medium, which again connects to TS music as she is a great stryteller through her songs. I love the fact thay they thought of designing even the smallet details. The mic for example, she has matching mic to every outfit she wore. If its the sprkly gold then the mic whould match that, even the woods stage have a matching mic. Let's not forget about the Piano which also matches the set. The wireless mic receiver, you usuually see this clipped at the back of the artist's bottoms but in Taylor Swift's Era's tour it has its own pocket that you hardly see because it camouflages in her outfit. How Cool is that? And speaking of outfit, another round of applause, no, a standing ovation to her warddrobe staff because everything just screams WAAAAAA! It screams "Look at me" It's Sparkly! Catchy! I would wear it and I dont care if I will look like a walking mirror ball. It's appropriate for a big concert, it makes you look at her more and retains that attention. And Lastly, I admire and commend the marketng strategy of Taylor Swift's team because this is no doubt a success for them. I also liked the fact that it brought jobs and money to every city they performed. Economically speaking that is a big boost. There is also a talk about Taylor Swift ditching the middle man when she diecided to release the concert in theaters, that means more money for her and the theaters. If any of you is not familiar how theaters earn a profit, please google. That's another topic I am not too familiar to write about. My friend an I went to a screening where the theater isn't that packed and no one turned the cinema into a concert stadium but still we enjoyed the experience and still sang our hearts out with the other cinema goers. I hear that Beyonce is doing the same thing with her Renaissance tour concert, I'm thinking of seeing that as well, though I am not a fan but equally curious how her concert was. This is it for now, until my next blog entry. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering what sparks joy

Hi, if there's really anyone reading this blog. I kept this blog open more of a open diary and realized that writing is form of therapy for me. For all those bottled up feeling that I couldn't express. The last blog post I did was 2019 that I started a vlog in YouTube, sadly that vlog is no longer existing. I could make up excuses as to why but its really one complicated reason, which could be for another blog post. I was going to write that its been a year since I last posted but and then realized that its 2022 now, well it could be a year if we don't really count 2020.  Since moving to the States five years ago (2020 counted here), I was busy trying to make my family and I's life better, financially more or less, ok more so I was really busy with work and making more money. Unconsciously trying to fulfill the wants that I couldn't afford. In the process, I forgot what would make me happy. At the rise of tiktok I have discovered posts that intrigued my curiosity. I

I'll see you soon Tony Stark

I just can't wait for the movie and have been watching the trailer several times already, well I'm sure have seen it in youtube because most of the trailer there have 2 million views already, but just in case, here's the link ( click here ) to one of the Iron Man trailer. The link is the second trailer released and as promised the sequel have more action packed scene and a more high tech suit and of course we will be seeing War Machine. Here are the showing dates around around the world Country Date Belgium 28 April 2010 Egypt 28 April 2010 France 28 April 2010 Sweden 28 April 2010 Switzerland 28 April 2010 (French speaking region) Argentina 29 April 2010 Australia 29 April 2010 Bosnia and Herzegovina 29 April 2010 Czech Republic 29 April 2010 Denmar